In the week that the Party plans to publish its proposals for a ‘Citizens Charter to Tackle Sectarianism’ we are also acknowledging the role that Party members have played in the fight against sectarianism and bigotry during the past six decades.
‘Step Out Against Sectarianism’ is a sponsored walk to the top of Cave Hill – the iconic Belfast landmark closely associated with Wolfe Tone, the United Irishmen of 1798 and “…the unity of catholic, protestant and dissenter”.
This event will help to highlight the Party’s anti-sectarian campaign and our call for the demolition of all the “peace” lines and barriers that divide our society.
- The walk starts in the car park of Belfast Castle at 12 noon on Sunday 26th May 2013.
- The total walk is about six miles and should take roughly two and a half hours.
- Wear suitable clothes and footwear. It’s Belfast – it might rain!
- You don’t have to hand in a sponsor form – but it would help.
- Sponsored participants will receive a free ‘Step Out Against Sectarianism’ T-Shirt
- Bring friends and family – make sure you’re in the photograph to be taken on the summit!
- Download a sponsorship form here: Sponsorship Form